Frequently Asked Questions

Is your school approved by the MTO?
Yes. Sam's Driving school is MTO Approved BDE course provider. You can also find us on the MTO'S Approved list on

How many hours does the online or in person class consist of and what does BDE stand for?
BDE stands for Beginner Driver education course which is is approved by MTO Canada. Online or in person B.D.E course consist of 20 hours theory. 10 hours home work and 10 hours driving lessons.

When can i start my course online?
Once the payment and registrations formalities are completed the student will receive an email providing them the link to begin their course within 2 business day. The subject will be marked as "CARS" please be sure to check your junk/spam folder as sometimes it may end up in there.

Do you offer both in-class and online lessons?
Yes we offer both in-class and online lessons please click on the registration tab to learn more about the different options.

How do i book my road test?
You can log on to, fill your information and book your road rest for the next available date at a DriveTest center near you.

Can I book my driving test without completing my drivers ed program?
NO. Both your in class/online and you on road lessons need to be completed in order to book your test. Only after it is completed will we send your certification to the ministry to inform them of your completion. This way the system will recognize that you have completed your drivers ed with SAMS to allow you to do your driving test after 8 months.

Can I do a course without G1?
In-class can be done without the G1 license. G1 license is required for in car instruction.

Do I need to bring my certificate to the road test?
A paper copy is NOT required for the road test day, You are certified electronically through the MTO system and it shows up on the drive test system.

Where do I get my certificate copy from?
Certificate's is sent by us electronically to the MTO. You will have to extract this from a walk in to Service Ontario by requesting a DRIVERS LICENSE HISTORY for the completion of your drivers ed course. A $12 fee will have to paid for this, and the print out they give you is the certificate that we've sent. You can pass this to your insurance company to apply your discount. This certificate should only be extracted after your obtain the G2 license

Would I be able to use my instructor's car for the road test?
A $150 fee can be paid for use of Instructors vehicle for G2 test, and $160 for G tests.. This charge includes pick up and drop, and a warm up (approximately 15 minutes) lesson before the test.
(This price is for test in OSHAWA, ADD $75 for PORT UNION Drive test center. PLEASE INQUIRE RATES FOR OTHER CITIES like Lindsay, Peterbrough, Bellville & west end test centers.